The mission of 1MC is simple: to lower barriers of access to education, resources and connections for new and aspiring entrepreneurs, inclusive of all kinds and industries across the U.S.
We work to accomplish this mission by delivering a standard experience nationwide that has unique local flavors and value propositions to your startup community. To cultivate and maintain this safe learning environment, we utilize our 1MC Key Pillars and Core Program Format to guide us. As our mission is both nationwide and local to each of our 170 communities, your energy as a 1MC organizer to help replicate this model of energy, inclusivity, and safe learning is vital!
1MC is designed to be replicated easily from community to community.
The details behind the “how” are simple:
• Volunteer-run: 1MC is organized by engaged community members interested in enhancing the collaborative culture of entrepreneurship in their local ecosystems.
• Culture: 1MC communities are safe learning environments for new and aspiring entrepreneurs to connect and share where they need help with their community, who will support them in their journey to learn and be successful.
• Educational: The application and coaching process prepares entrepreneurs for their 1MC presentation and the audience Q&A. The process of preparing to present to and receive feedback from an audience is a meaningful learning experience.
• Consistency: Every 1MC across the country follows the same format.
• Audience Engagement: The 20 minutes of Q&A helps to build an engaged, supportive community.
• Sales-Free: To help encourage a learning environment, we invite bold presentations instead of pitches. Pitches are used to ask for investment, sales, or exposure. Presentations are interactive, open to feedback, and invite shared learning experiences that assist both the presenters and the community.